Join James Treble, host of Renovate or Rebuild and presenter on Open Homes Australia, and Dr. Michael Berger, CEO of PEFC International, headlining one of the most impressive panel of presenters ever assembled for an Australian timber event.
Meet the Presenters
- Yvonne Pengilly, former QBCC Deputy Commissioner and director of Myown Constructions, who will talk about both the advantages and regulatory considerations when using timber in mid-rise construction.
- David Baggs, CEO of Global Green Tag, who will cover the push from sustainability to full transparency in building and construction.
- Steve Gibson, Wattyl’s Australian and New Zealand Business Manager who will explore how low embodied timber and low VOC paint can be used together.
- Nicolle Sullivan, Head of Strategy, and Impact for think-step Australia, who will discuss the tole of timber in driving the great tree change and how timber can be embedded into the Green Star Responsible Products Framework
- David Rowlinson, the Make It Wood Planet Ark Campaign Manager, will talk about how Biophilic Design is changing the Environment
- Simon Dorries, CEO of Responsible Wood and Chair of Australian Standard TM 11, who will explore the importance of compliance, standards, and certification in responsible timber sourcing.
- Dr Michael Berger, CEO of PEFC International, who will talk about PEFC Certification and why forest certification matters.
- James Treble, Interior Design, TV Presenter & Planet Ark Ambassador, who will cover the latest Trends in Sustainable Design
Getting to know the topic
With over 100,000 people relocating to Queensland during the Covid pandemic and the 2032 carbon-positive Olympic Games approaching, the state’s construction industry is thriving.
Furthermore, the South East Queensland population is projected to increase by 1.8 million by 2031, adding 800,000 new homes to the housing market.
These topics and more will be explored at the all-day event on March 30th at Gambaro’s Hotel in Brisbane.
Secure your tickets through this special Wood Central link:
Meet the Sponsors
The event, supported by Weathertex and Wattyl, features a program available for download from the official ‘Wood You Like to Know’ website.
Sponsors and exhibitors include:
- Building Design Association of Australia (BDAA)
- ITI Australia
- Responsible Wood
- Building Design Queensland
- Usher Group
The event will also be livestreamed, with details available on the website.
The conference aims to showcase the incredible potential of wood in various projects, such as Tessa Development’s Orchard Project, constructed by award winning residential builder Creation Homes in Arana Hills, Brisbane.
Wood Central Publisher Jason Ross will serve as the conference’s Master of Ceremonies.
Don’t miss out – save the date and secure your place now!
Wood Central will provide ongoing coverage before, during, and after the event. To stay informed, subscribe to Wood Central today.